Monday, February 23, 2009

Be Who You Are

This morning after making my Mojo Monday card, I found Stacey's Jewelry Color Inspiration challenge.
Isn't the necklace adorable? Made from a Scrabble tile I believe. I always love the jewelry she picks out, but I never have the colors, or anything close. I thought the same thing today, but discovered I had all but Kiwi Kiss. So I dug out a Making Memories rub on that was close and the polka dot ribbon has been lying around waiting for a good home. I didn't have ink for any of the colors so I just worked with my Sizzix and rub-ons.


This card will go to my husband's cousin in college. She's an education major, like I was, and I remember the winter of junior year being especially difficult. Everyone in my family probably remembers that too....so just a pick-me-up for Kaitlin incase college life isn't all fun and parties!

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty, Caryl! I love the die cut & layered flower embellishment. This will surely make Kaitlyn smile:) Thanks for playing in the Jewelry Color Inspiration #25!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the coordinating embossing on the background and the die cut flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scrabble tile, I have this on my to-do list. I want to create some scrabble tiles for a Marilyn Monroe bracelet for my daughter.

    Love how you chose your color scheme..I am going to have to do this!!

    Your card is just beautiful!! Love it!!

    Hugs,
    Jenny in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely remember that year! Yikes! Those midnight calls were not fun but it was part of God's plan and all turned out for the best. Sounds like Paul is having a similar year so send him a card.

    Love-MOM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!