Thursday, January 29, 2009
1. My cat's name is Melky. We adopted him from a shelter toward the end of baseball season and one of my favorite players is Melky Cabrera. My BIL suggested it and it stuck.
2. I'm a HUGE Yankees fan, hence the cat named after a Yankee. This isn't abnormal except that I do live in Red Sox Nation and my parents say they brought me up as a Red Sox fan. We went to a few games but I don't remember watching them at home or knowing who any players were!
3. My husband and I met working at a YMCA summercamp.
4. I still work at Hallmark (gasp!) which was my first job at the age of 16. They give me a few hours a week and I get a discount on Vera Bradley.
5. I love Vera Bradley! Probably from working at Hallmark!
6. I teach first grade at the same school I attended first grade. And I stepped in as my first grade teacher retired.
7. I love to crochet in addition to stamping. It just takes more time to finish a baby blanket than a card. I'm halfway done one so I'll share soon.
Okay I guess I'm supposed to tag 7 others so here's who I'm tagging:
1. Jennifer who says her cat looks like Melky.
2. Bev who left me a sweet message about my card so I want to know more about her.
Be sure to check out her BLOG CANDY too!!!
3. Susan who has 16 cats...YIKES! Her cards and scrapbook pages are still amazing though.
4. Fabric Mom who makes some cool fabric postcards.
5. Maria who makes fabulous cards and inspires me with her Mojo Monday card every week.
6. Shannon who makes amazing cards and amazes me by posting multiple times every day.
7. and last but not least Olena who keeps leaving me sweet messages about my cards.
Whoa that was a lot of work. I'm off to crotchet a baby blanket for a very special baby...boy or girl we won't find out til July when my SIL is due!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I decided on the background colors and ribbon quickly and thought the rest would come along as easily. Boy was I wrong! More than an hour late I emerged with the finished product that I'm pleased with. And in the meantime I created many usable pieces that will become part of a card in the future! They just didn't work with this card.
On another note, I've been very lucky in the blog candy department and I will be sharing the love soon. I started blogging about two months ago (on a snow day!) and have been a fairly regular blogger this month so I want to celebrate! Until then check out Steph's blog candy over at Any Shade of Green. Thanks for stopping by!
Card stock: Whispher White, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue DSP, Barely Banana
Ink: Midnight Blue (Stazon), Apricot Appeal (SU!)
Stamps: Celebrate from SU! That's Nice, flower from SU! Friendship Blooms
Tools: Silver EP, Paisley embossing folder (Cuttlebug), paper piercer (SU!)
Other: Ribbon, petals from Making Memories
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Last year when I left my small, closeknit school community I promised my students that I would write if they wrote me. Partly because I would miss them, partly because I still remember when my 4th grade teacher sent me a post card, but I also love mail! Over the summer a few wrote, and I wrote back but it died off. However, I had twins, a boy and a girl, who were also leaving the school and they've been faithful writers. So once our Christmas cards came and went I knew I needed a special card to remind them I was thinking of them. I remember this being the point in the year when they were taking off as readers, and wondered what they were learning about now.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Thanks for checking out my creations!
Monday, January 19, 2009
In making the card, I was having trouble working in the circle and wound up with a bonus card.
Both of my cards are Very Vanilla base with DSP from the Love you Much bundle. I also used Chocolate Chip, Real Red, and Regal Rose. Stamps were inked with Real Red ink on the first, and Green Galore on the second as well. I created such a mess in the basement tonight I can't even tell you the stamp sets I used!
Go check out all the other great Mojo Monday cards and stop by to wish Shannon a happy birthday!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
On the pink card I used a glitter embossing powder so the resist doesn't show up quite as well. With the second card I used white embossing powder for the group of flowers. Except now I think they look like dead dandelions. Hmmmm.....make a wish!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I think I need to clean before any more successful stamping can occur. I can't find anything!!!! Hope you have your mojo....
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I used Bashful Blue and Brocade Blue, along with Sahara Sand as my neutral. The forever comes from Wonderful Words II, and the happiness from Warm Words. There's always a saying for something! The ring is from Mini Mates which I embossed with silver, but it needed something extra. I picked up some rhinestone stickers at Michael's--I have some in my mess of a craft area but I want to send the card sooner, rather than later.
Thanks for stopping by...and don't forget to check out Joanie's blog candy. The link is at the top right, above my profile. It's time for American Idol, I'll be sucked in for another season!
Monday, January 12, 2009
The beginning of the saying is a letter M-a fun brad that gave the card a little extra something. I have no clue where the saying came from. I went through a Mod Podge phase in college and was planning on doing something with sayings/quotes/fortunes. I've got plenty to use on cards since they never got plastered on anything.
I'll save my other creations for later in the week--who knows when I'll get time to stamp again!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Tomorrow it is back to school for me. When I finish up getting work done for school (this teacher work hard even on weekends and vacations!) and housework I hope to head to the basement and begin creating. It was a New Year's resolution after all. Unfortunately I can't post a picture until later in the week--I left my camera at my brother's house New Year's day. My nephew was too cute with cream cheese making his hair stick up that I had to take a picture. And as I spend the rest of the morning running around with him the camera was a distant memory when it was time to pack up.
Hope you find time to create today too!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
I'm bad at resolutions...I say I'll be a more regular gym go-er each December and never get there. This year I started that fad a month early and managed to get to the gym TEN TIMES! So now that 2009 is here, I got my craft area cleaned up earlier this week and I hope to spend at least once a week creating. Which also means at least once a week sharing something here! The only problem with my space is that it is in the basement and I love spending my free time with my hubby. I suppose as his basketball schedule gets busier I can manage to break away and make some cards.
Wish me luck! May your new year be filled with blessings, and good luck with your resolutions!