Friday, February 27, 2009

Beautiful Blue Ridge



My mom taught me from a young age how to go antiquing. I can't even walk through Goodwill without scouting out a familiar design or cool plate. Today after I struck out at Goodwill and my favorite consignment store, I decided to stop at the big log cabin antique shop. It's truly a big log cabin! And I found some great Blue Ridge plates. Being on a budget I chose just one, a design I'd never seen before, even in my mom's vast collection. The pink and black are perfect pairs! The same dealer had the best little bowls too, and I'm thinking I'd like to get a set of all different designs. I'll have to stop by next month.

The plate also inspired me to make a card! Which is great, because I haven't made a card since early in the week. I've been scrapbooking and crocheting but couldn't find a reason to stamp. Thanks to the antiques I did!

Smiles, Caryl

Paper: Whispher White, Basic Black, Regal Rose, Pink Passion
Stamps: Friendship Blooms, Happy Harmony
Ink: Black Stazon, Rose Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Pink pearls, rhinestones

3 comments:

  1. I like the handpainted plate and really like how you re-created the image on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have that pattern, I don't think, which is amazing seeing how many Blue Ridge plates and bowls I have. Great card too!

    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you have GOTTEN it any better? WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!