Friday, April 10, 2009

Only one mother....and one MIL

Tomorrow we're celebrating my MILs birthday and we needed a card. Until now, I've been making all my cards, but when birthdays for family roll around I head to the store. I decided to opt out of the usual Hallmark and see what these hands could do. Thanks to some quotes I found at The Quote Garden my card came together quite easily.

Just find a font you like and do a bit of formatting. I even printed a message inside. Normally I make 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards, but this a full size card: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.


I know all she wants is to spend time together, but a card with a sweet message is nice too. And DH told me it's BETTER than the usual Hallmark. Just don't tell my boss (or the customers)when I head to that second job tomorrow!

Smiles,

1 comment:

  1. I can't beleive you have still been buying cards!!! You make such lovely things why wouldn't you want to share that on every occasion? I'm glad you finally opted to make your own this time around. This is really lovely and such a nice sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!