Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How delightful

This last full week of school has been kicking by butt and I've had no creative energy at all! I'm feeling like a bad blogger so I thought I would share the cards I made two years ago when my nephew was coming into the world.

Not knowing the sex of the baby my brother and SIL decorated the nursery with Classic Pooh. Besides Target, there's not many place you can go to get Classic Pooh but I was determined. Thanks to Ebay I got a couple Pooh stamps sets (not the easiest to work with and get clean images) and was given creative license to make it happen. And what's Pooh without some bumble bees? Looking back I can see not only did I love Certainly Celery but I also loved the look of torn edges!
This was the baby shower invite:
(Sometimes a cheering surprise just happens along)
I stuck with a similar design for the thank you's, just flipped the orientation:

(Time for a little something...)

And finally the announcement of his arrival...all 10 lbs, 5 oz of him!

All the Pooh images were colored with blender pens, and I stuck with Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue. If you want specific details just ask!

Right now in my spare time (3 days of school and I'll have more!) I'm working on his little brother's announcements. We stuck with the Pooh theme since that's still the nursery and it makes me happy to get more milage out of the stamp sets! I'll be sure to share the announcements once I get them finished. Thanks for stopping by, let me know what you think.

Smiles,

8 comments:

  1. I love those Pooh images. These are cute cards and appropriate for either a boy or girl. Isn't funny the trends we used to like that now we never use. A couple of years ago I was into all kinds of complicated or time consuming techniques and bought all kinds of supplies to do them. Then I realized that I liked clean and simple better so all that technique stuff is gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards! Pooh stamps are all pretty cute and yes, many of them rubber backed and not always a crisp line. Very creative artwork! Congrats on getting closer to summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two days with kids:)
    I love your Pooh cards. It is so nice when you feel you are getting use out of a stamp. Tomorrow I am going to the Stamp TV store. I am so excited I hope I can sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! You cannot go wrong with Classic Pooh....I grew up on him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! You cannot go wrong with Classic Pooh....I grew up on him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Pooh stamps are soo cute!!!!
    I love your cards...I also think it's cool to look back at what you did in the past and how you have changed..Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy looking back on my projects. Great cards! Who doesn't like Pooh? He'll never stop being just too cute! Good job, and good luck with your last three days of school! Hopefully, you will enjoy July and a bit of August before you have to go back! I'll bet you are a wonderful teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!