Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fit for a Princess

Yesterday I scheduled time in my afternoon to play with some ink and make a card. As soon as I saw this week's Mojo Monday sketch I knew just what I wanted to do...that never happens!

I picked up a cute castle stamp just for Izzy but it wasn't perfect for a princess. I stamped it three times on Bashful Blue, snipped each piece out and layered it to make it a bit like Cinderella's castle. The pink circle is embossed with my Birds and Swirls cuttlebug embossing folder---it reminds me of Disney's Cinderella when the birds help her. And what's a princess without pearls?

So Happy Birthday Izzy, you deserve a magical one!!!

Smiles,

10 comments:

  1. love the little castle you created, great dimension :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Caryl. I can just picture those birds helping Cinderella. I can almost hear the song they are singing.
    We had our first case of H1N1 today. A neighboring community closed their school yesterday for the rest of the week. How are things at your school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Caryl, this is incredible! I love the castle and the whole princess theme. Wonderful, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really diggin' that castle! Great card! Love the way you pieced the image - rockin' card, Caryl! Now....would you PLEASE take your jinx off of my Cardinal's??? lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Caryl! That castle is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That castle looks AWESOME!! I love how you did the layering. And the colors of the card really make the castle POP! Great Job! :)

    Have a good day!

    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too cute! She will LOVE it!!! Hope you are having a blessed day.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet all those trimmied layers of the castle look even better in person -- wonderfully sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That baroque styled paper is a perfect compliment to your castle theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!