Saturday, April 3, 2010

Unscripted Blog~iversary!

It's hard to believe that one year ago we started out on this wild ride of Unscripted Sketches! I've met so many great crafters, learned new techniques, stretched my own creativity and most importantly had fun with the sketches! So in addition to todays' sketch and card, head through the designers blogs to find their hidden treasure.......

My use of the sketch today is for a birthday card for my MIL, the first of my many April birthdays.

Besides turning the sketch on it's side, I used a bit of a birthday card I got (one of the many you get along with a coupon from companies when it's your birthday) because I loved the happy birthday sentiment in pink on pink. I went with a fall back color combo of pink/turquoise/brown which is always beautiful, threw on some brads and I know she'll love it.

Good luck on the treasure hunt and I can't wait to see what you create with this week's sketch! Head on over to Unscripted Sketches for details on the treasure hunt and more designer inspiration.

Smiles,
PS~ To find all my Unscripted creations just click on the unscripted label at the bottom of this post to see all things Unscripted at Stamps and Stitches!

5 comments:

  1. fabulous card and fabulous colors! i just love it!

    happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors too. What part is from a card you got? Wonderful card.
    I am off to the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the layering, it add so much dimension, and the color combination you used really pops. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caryl this card is so simple and bold! Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!