Saturday, February 19, 2011

Never Ending Love

I haven't been making many cards lately, and when I do they are simple. But I was inspired by Julie over at Paper Pleasing Ideas with her never ending card, and had an 'a-ha' moment to make one for my husband's valentine. He's had a rough year and sometimes when he's down on himself, the only thing I can do is say 'I love you' to help brighten his day. So I wanted to remind him that our love is never ending, just like the card.

This is the front:
It opens to reveal this:
And again opens to show this verse from 1st Corinthians (which I heard while watching Walk to Remember before making the card):

And opening it one last time reveals the last panel, which I left mostly blank to write him a message:
Julie also made a good video (here) to give you an idea of how the card works. It went together much easier than I expected so I'm sure I will make another one. Only for special occassions though!
We had a pretty sad Valentine's day (he stayed home sick, I arrived home sick) so the cards were the highlight of the evening. Other than that, we took turns with the couch and the heating pad, watched a bit of tv and went to bed early. I think we had Cheerios for dinner, but I don't even remember!

Today is WINDY so I'm going to sit on the couch and continue working on my friend's wedding invites. At least I'm on vacation this week so I will have time to make something just for FUN!

Smiles,

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, your Valentine's Day sounds like ours! DH worked until 8:30 p.m., we swapped cards, had a late supper, and went to bed! Love this card - I saw Julie's tutorial, and just haven't had time (or a working computer) to try to follow it! You have inspired me, dear friend!!! Hope you finished your invites! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping my way through the Operation Write Home bloghop, and I scrolled down to see this card. Wonderful folds, and I love the sequence of sentiments as it goes deeper into the layers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!