Monday, February 2, 2009

Mojo for a Great-great aunt

I was very excited to come home today (after working out!) to play along with another Mojo Monday sketch! Normally I work Monday nights at my second job but I was given the evening off so I tackled the job at hand....

I'm extremely please with the result which is not always the case.


I think I was a bit more successful than usual because I waited to glue until I had every last little bit planned. The two images I used I had actually stamped for last week's Mojo sketch and they never worked out. They were just waiting for their card to come along! This card is headed to Pennsylvania to my great-great aunt--my grandmother's aunt for those who are wondering. She's 105 and 1/2 (You can count halves again after a certain age) and I've been sending her cards and letters regularly for ten years now. I arrived at college and found out how sad it is to check your mail and have nothing, just as my dad suggested I write to Aunt Greta. I ended up with a few more letters, as did she, and we've formed a great relationship from that!

Thanks for checking out my card and be sure to check all the other fabulous cards. My personal favorite (as of posting time) is Eve, age 5. That could just be the teacher in me but it's a great card too. I don't think I'll make everything line up "just so" anymore!

Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Green Galore, Apricot Appeal, navy
Ink: Midnight Blue Stazon
Stamps: greeting-Refuge & Strength, "something "Adoration SU




5 comments:

  1. How cute! Love that butterfly!!

    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your combination of colors and images ... beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. So serene. Nice color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! I love that butterfly. Thanks for playing! :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for mentioning Eve on your blog! She will be thrilled that you liked her card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!