Thursday, February 5, 2009

Card makeover

I started stamping because of my mother. Actually every craft I've started is because of my mother, with the exception of crochet which I learned when I took a class from a friend. But if I wasn't already cross-stitching and knitting I probably wouldn't crochet! My mom did Stampin Up a bit and had stamps when I was in college. I helped out with Christmas cards, or actually made her make the cards a few times. Once I was teaching she was headed to a make-and-take night and took me along. I've been hooked ever since! While I haven't gone to a make-and-take for awhile I have many cards I've made in my "just incase I need a card" pile.
Now that I'm more consistent in my stamping I'm making cards especially for each occassion and don't look in my stash. Wasted cards! Over the weekend when I looked through I thought I could improve upon the basic designs of some exsisting card and give them that WOW factor!
Before:
After:
I'm sure there will be many more makeovers in my future! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!