Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Carter!

Welcome to my second Unscripted Sketch. Jenny and Sharon have another great sketch for us:

After 3 unfinished attempts, I learned that less is more. Here's my take on the sketch:
Last week was my nephew's second birthday and today we'll be at his birthday party. Though I could have made him a card that coordinated with the Thomas invitations and thank yous I made, I decided Bold Brights were the way to go. That way I could color the candles with Crayolas! My DH thought "Look who's turning 11 first" but either way I don't think Carter will mind. :-)
Be sure to go over the the Unscripted Sketch blog to play along, and check out all the other DT members inspiration.
I can't wait to see what you create!

Smiles,
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, YoYo Yellow, Green Galore, Only Orange, Brilliant Blue, Real Red
Ink: black Stazon
Stamps (SU!): On Your Birthday, Tags 'n More
Other: Making Memories brads, cuttlebug and sizzix embossing folders, crayola markers

11 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love the colors you chose. They're bright and cheery! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card for the sketch and I love your usage of the bright brads along with hat single star brad! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bold colors and the textured panels. I think the 2 candles are a fun substitute for the number two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN FUN FUN! Super cute card with the focus on "two".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the different textures on this. Coloring in the candles with crayons is sometimes what you have to do to fit the "mood" of the card. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my hat's off to you for using these bright colors! I haven't bought any of them yet! (except real red) This is perfect for a 2-yr old's birthday! Love all the brads, especially the little star! Nice job!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Love the texture and those candles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bold colors! I Love the star on the Second brad, what a great subtle way to reinforce the two candles for a Second birthday! :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors are so fun and those brads down the side are to darn cute! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!