Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I want to be a part of it.....

NEW YORK, NEW YORK!!!!
I've had that song stuck in my head ever since I said I'd share photos from my trip to NY. That and they play it at the end of every Yankees game I watch! The mojo is not flowing tonight, so no cards to share, just some cool shots. This is my favorite shot of the new stadium from the top of a parking garage. There were a couple mini games going on as we headed back to our card and I think a full flag football game while we were at the baseball game. We did park here just took a quick side trip up to check it out

My husband doesn't usually pose for photos, but what better reason than our first game at the new stadium? It's an open concept so we were just behind some seats 15-20 feet away from the concessions. No more missing the action while getting a snack!

After the game we drove into the city and had dinner just outside of Times Square. I haven't been in a couple years, and it's always changing! A couple lanes of Broadway (or 7th?) were blocked off to traffic and filled with lawn chairs. Apparently so people can stop and sit. And they were all full!
This is an awesome piece of artwork in the middle of the road as well, plus you can see more lawn chairs back there. I love anything that says HOPE because that's become a slogan for the National MS Society.

One of the coolest parts was at the end of Times Square (think McDonalds and Doubletree) there were these funky bleachers you could climb to the top and take a seat anywhere. They were lit up and from the top there was a great view of the heart of the city. No one came up with us, so selfportrait it is!


Hope you enjoyed my mini tour of NYC....really mini.
Smiles,

8 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words :)

    Have a great night!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures!!!! Love everyone in the lawn chairs. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, NY has changed! Lawn chairs in the middle of the street?! Bleachers to look out over the city? I think the last time I was in NYC was in the late 70s to see the Beach Boys....now I am really dating myself! The first time was in the early 70s. I actually commuted to my job as a clerk in the garment district from my apt in New Jersey! Brave or dumb, I'm not sure! Looks like you had an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carly, I am from PA and my brother in law works in NY. He takes the train every day. My sister goes there often. I went to NY for a sixth grade field trip. That was in 1963. Yes I am very old. After looking at your pictures I really want to go back again. I would love to go to see a play. My hubby is a long time Yankees fan but now a big fan of big cities.
    A musky is a very big fish with sharp teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caryl - GREAT photo's! Gosh, Yankee Stadium is beautiful('specially when the Cards are beatin' up on the Yanks)! I guess I've only seen pics of the home plate and dugouts - lol!!! Isn't that the funniest thing to see all those lawn chairs in the middle of the street??? AS IF...traffice in NYC doesn't already crawl??? How much fun though! Thanks for sharing! 'Wanda' and I enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've failed as a parent! My daughter, born and raised in Red Sox Nation is a Yankees fan. Oh, the horror and shame!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow how much fun is that? I really would love to go and your picutre make it look fabulous!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great photos. Sounds like it was a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!