Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Jewelry Color Inspiration

After quite the day at school (children who wouldn't listen, whiney children, a crying child at dismissal, sand all over the floor, stolen Pokemon cards--Pokemon cards period!--and a screaming, crying child that I dragged to the bus with the asst. principal) I needed to make a card! So I sat down with Stacey's colors for this week's Jewelry Color Inspiration and Our Creative Corner sketch for this week.




There wasn't much stamping on this card. I drew the stems for the flowers, which were stickers! Feeling much better now, though I'm jealous of all you on summer vacation already! 13 days to go....but who's counting?

Smiles,

Paper: Garden Green DSP, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, pink (as close to pretty in pink as I could)

Ink: Certainly Celery

Stamps: Refuge and Strength (SU)

Other: Sandylion stickers, pink ribbon (unknown)

6 comments:

  1. so sweet, Caryl:) that sweet little butterfly in the corner, the torn panel edges and lovely ribbon are perfect! Thanks for playing along in the JCI40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Caryl! Not too many folks tearing edges anymore, and I so love torn edges! Very nice soft colors! Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love this color combo the most! :) Fabulous card! The tearing adds that extra little something to it too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could NEVER be a teacher. I would have a hard time coping with just one of those situations let alone a whole day of them. Isn't it nice that you have cardmaking as an outlet to help you relax. This is really lovely. I like those stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty---this inspiration was a beauty, and you've captured it nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet in the middle of your crazy day at school you wish you were at a place that looked just like your card, so nice and peaceful. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!