Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bathroom nightmares (and dreams)

This post has nothing to do with stamps or stitches, just my life. Which has not been simplified in the least, despite my one little word.

At the beginning of this story, I present to you my bathroom: old, small, but fully functionally with the necessities.



















Yesterday I was home looking forward to some time to blog a bit and just enjoy life. No class this week + finished report cards = happy me! I heard an irritating drip in the kitchen sink, so I investigated. Water was dripping, not from the faucet but from the trim above my cabinets, so basically my CEILING! I called my dad (DH was at work), called the plumber, and panicked. Apparently the water had been leaking under the sink in the apartment upstairs, and that is directly above my kitchen cabinets and sink. Hence my leak.

Everyone is now wondering, "what does this have to do with your bathroom?" Well in order to do a good job and properly fix the problem (old copper pipes that are slowly rotting and cracking) we should replace all the copper pipe that is running horizontally...above my bathroom. As I sit here typing the AMAZING plumber has removed the pipe and is putting in pvc. YAY!
My bathroom now:
A lovely site to feast my eyes on as I rinse shampoo...once we tack plastic up that is.

But looking on the positive side, the pipes won't leak on my head.
I know out of this we will end up with a better bathroom than I've had for 5 1/2 years. But its hard to see it now. I just want a sink with a cabinet below, a fan to vent out the steam, and a shower that is easy to clean.

Anything else I should dream of?

Dreaming,

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, sounds reasonable to me! You poor thing! I'll be thinking of you!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!