Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lots of Dots


I just had way too much fun stamping today! And I managed to create a card that fits many challenges....all by accident, how fun. I started out with Stacey's Jewelry Color Inspiration which is my favorite color challenge, and these bright colors are cheering me up on an extremely blah day in New England. Since the jewelry Stacey chose seemed dotty to me I went ahead to use my new Martha Stewart border punch which is also for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge (ya 50% coupons at Michael's!). I went a bit crazy with the dots. Stamps, border, paper piercer...


I didn't have anything Summer Sun but then I found this ribbon that also had some Tangerinish stitching on it. I just LOVE ribbon with stitching. My favorite part of the card however, is how I dressed up the border. I put 1/2 inch circles of Brillian blue behind the punched out circles and put a pearl in the center of each. How will I ever use this punch any other way?!?

When I took my picture (inside thanks to the rain) I also decided to play around with the white balance on my camera. Lisa Spangler has an awesome tutorial HERE. This was my card picture taken before I adjusted the white balance.....

No more white blah pictures! And in reading LeAnne's blog I discovered that this card also fits the Rubberneck Wacky Wednesday challenge to use an oval.

I'm officially exhausted now! Tomorrow is Friday though....WOOHOO!

Smiles,

Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Stazon
Stamps (SU!): Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Thank You Kindly
Other: Martha Stewart border punch, Michael's pearls and ribbon, paper piercer, oval punches, corner rounder, glue dots

11 comments:

  1. Cute! I do like the way the adjusted picture looks better, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I read that white balance thing and couldn't figure it out, but your new photo looks awesome. I guess I just need to sit down and TRY it again.
    Very cool card, I love how you interpreted those earrings. I saw them and just could not come up with anything! love to do her challenges, too! I think this is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you did with that border, putting a different color under the punched out bit...and the pearls..just perfect. This is a beautiful colorful card. My camera does not have a white balance setting sadly...but that was an informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card. I really need to learn how to work my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright, fun, cheerful card! The colors do rock together. Great job on taking the photo indoors. I only take all of my photos outside because I can't ever get a decent picture indoors. *sigh* :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and how you combined all the challenges! And thanks for the white balance tip!! Thanks for participating in the Wacky Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is dot-a-riffic! Fun color combo and how cool that you also managed to get three challenges in.

    I will have to read that white balance link. I take 99% of my photos inside and I think most look ok but ever once in a while, not so much. And it's usually due to the whiteness. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grr-e-a-t card! I love the punch, stamp and dots. You are a hard working girl. When I am teaching I don't do anything when I get home. Your almost done now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bright and fun card!!!
    Those dots are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your how you translated your jewelry inspiration piece! Fun and colorful! And thanks for the white balance tutorial! I try to take my pics outdoors as often as possible, but I need to learn how to get better results indoors for when winter rolls around! :>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your funky earings and great dot card.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!