Tuesday, October 27, 2009

For the Bride

Oh how fun to play with paper and share during the week! I was inspired on Sunday night by Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, which was just what I needed to put together the pieces of this invitation.

A great friend I work with (and made invitations for) is getting married in December, but doesn't have family or bridesmaids living in the state to throw her a shower. Together with my fellow first grade teachers we've come up with a small guest list (because I have a small house and smaller budget) to shower her with well wishes for the upcoming nuptials.

The theme is snowflakes (it is after all winter in NH) and her colors are navy and white, but the bridesmaids will have a lilac colored sash to match the flowers. It's a surprise so I hope she likes it, and I hope you do too!

Smiles,
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Lovely Lilac
Ink: Midnight Blue Stazon
Stamps: Mini Mates (SU!)
Other: rhinestones, sizzix snowflake embossing plate, sizzix snowflake sizzlet, silver embossing powder, circle punches

6 comments:

  1. Snowflakes are my fav! I bet she loves it. Great card Caryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love it... wish I lived closer! I'd be happy to help! Great card, Caryl and what a generous and kind thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I'm sure she's going to love it!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo. I like the rhinestone for the ring and how you embossed the background with snowflakes to coordinate with the snowflake die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors. You first grade teachers are the best. I am sure your friend will love the surprise. How do you know she won't come to your blog?
    Now there is no need to be jealous of my time crafting. I am old and don't have a life. Hee hee! I can't wait to see what you did for this weeks Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, they always make my day. I love to get feedback and would love to visit your blog too!